Week 3: Tin Tin and Uncle Scrooge

I cannot look at Tin Tin without thinking how much his face is an icon. It reads as a face, but so simple. The whole world is semi simple, but it feels big and put together. However, that might be because I read Rocket to the Moon. I think the square text boxes and the type is super easy to read. Sometimes they let the panel be filled with the literal space of space and I think that's pretty nifty. I like they have like letter inserts or the extraction from logbooks that are the actual pages it. It makes the page look more interesting and its interesting to have a character POV. It reminds of me of in movies where it is a character looking, the object, and then the character reacting. Overall, it is a fantastical adventure. There is no way they would let a boy, his dog, and his drunk chaperone go to the moon. Or that they met alien-esque people. I see the appeal cause there is a long arc and the characters are likable and easy to identify. I could see Tin Tin being a role model to many young boys and them pretending to be part of the world. They have fun colors and feel very family friendly.

On that note of family friendly Uncle $crooge, the second Richest Duck was a good time. The opening line of "You should never put your stomach ahead of your purse"  really hit my college lifestyle. The lessons learned could still be spread in tv or children's media today. It seems a bit surreal in how the bank works or plain ridiculous when talking about the amount of jewels/treasure. That being said, they are all ducks so who am I to question. Rich people have problems too, like who has the longest string ball. Further, even with Scrooge lecturing Donald or talking about being rich. Any competition to Scrooge has to be horrible and get what is coming to him. Along that same ridiculous line all the places they go with these string balls are  casually dangerous. Animals running, lava, and tons of ants are not normal things to encounter. But, I do love after all of this a good punchline or tie into the beginning with the statement of "I still want a soda." really got to me.

Comments